- About Us
- Product News
- Chip-Off Equipment
- Extended Range of Tools for ASAP-1 Sample Preparation Products
- New ULTRASLICE Brochure Available
- Improved Realtime Video Resolution for ASAP-1 IPS
- End-Point Detection for ASAP-1 IPS
- Blue Mill Pre-Cavitation Machine
- Introducing PEEC Endpoint Characterization
- NANOpol -- A New Bare Fiber Beveling Machine
- Upgraded THERMAL Stage for ASAP-1 IPS
- ULTRAPOL Product Line Brochure
- Thermal Relaxation Stage for ASAP-1 IPS
- Company News
- Our YouTube Video Channel
- Fiber Connector Polishing
- Precision Sawing
- Lapping and Polishing
- Selected Area Preparation
- ASAP-1 IPS - Digital Preparation System
- BLUE MILL Chip-off, Pre-Cavitation & Gasket Milling Machine
- ASAP-1 - Analog Preparation System
- SAP System Selection Guide -- Chip-off
- ASAP-1 Basic - Selected Area Preparation System (discontinued)
- RAPIDETCH IC Decapsulator
- AR Coating
- Fiber Lensing
- Selected Area Preparation
- Lapping & Polishing Films
- Diamond Saw Blades
- Laps & Polishing Surfaces
- Chemical Decapsulation
- Suspensions and Abrasives
- Other Consumables
- ~~ Get A Consumables Catalog!
- Contact Us
Digital Selected Area Preparation System
Since product launch, ASAP-1® hardware has become the standard piece of preparation equipment that engineers involved in disciplines such as failure analysis, yield enhancement, radiation testing, and competitive analysis have come to rely on for backside preparation. ULTRA TEC has produced leading solutions for backside preparation since 1999. With over 400 ASAP-1 units installed in Semiconductor industry labs throughout the world, we are proud to introduce the ASAP-1® IPS.
ENABLING THE NEXT GENERATION OF FAILURE ANALYSIS
Ever since the inception of the ASAP-1 Project, ULTRA TEC’s goal has been to offer both user-friendly and sample-friendly tools. The ASAP-1® analog systems offer elegant, intuitive controls which have enabled all labs to achieve quality results for subsequent analysis with Photon emission microscopes, laser/ thermal stimulus microscopes and FIB’s. The user-friendly intutive nature of the analog units has been carried forward, and expanded with ASAP-1® IPS.
DIGITAL CONTROL...DONE RIGHT!
ASAP-1® IPS offers deep sub-micron control on X, Y and Z axes, making it 'hands-down' the most accurate system ever seen in the market.
MUCH MORE THAN A MILL
ASAP-1® IPS enhances the market-leading attributes of our legacy products with the latest digital technology. It is now possible to grind substrates thinner, polish flatter and de-process even more accurately. ASAP-1® IPS introduces a suite of features that automate many aspects of the process – from analyzing the part to be processed, to writing intuitive programmable recipes, to reading in-situ end-stop indicators that ensure each important sample is prepared correctly. The patented 'float down' polishing head design is retained, and enhanced with the use of force feedback. to achieve the quality of final polish demanded by customers for backside microscopy, Laser scan, FIB and SIL.
IMPROVED SYSTEM CONTROLS
The dedicated machine-vision monitor provides an 'always on' realtime view of the part, overlaid with current system coordinates and parameter. Now you can see the part as it is being processed!
A touchscreen interface, a physical joystick and encoders -- alongside a suite of intuitive software and hardware features -- empowers the FA technician & engineering professional for the next generation of failure analysis.
Note: ASAP-1® is a Registered Trademark. Portions of the Technology are covered under US and related Worldwide patents - 6,630,369 ; 6,781,232 & 7,066,788. 3 more Patent Pending.
Click Additional Images to Enlarge
- Suits all sizes of die - package, wafer and board-level
- Full 100mm x 100mm stage area
- Always-On Real Time Video Monitor showing system and naviation parameters
- Touchscreen control with physical joystick & controls
- Rigid Table Assembly and closed-loop, high-torque, motor control enhances the machining of tough and hard materials
- X, Y and Z axes all have deep sub-micron accuracy
- Accurately decaps, then thins substrate and polishes
- Patented Floating Head provides a true polishing action -- yields polishing quality & high survivability
- Intuitive menus provide a powerful, easy to use, system
- USB Flash Drive interface for preparation recipe storage
- Short set-up and process times
- Accurate die-tilt adjustment ‘on the fly’
- Bench-top & Quiet in Operation
|6760.3||ASAP-1® IPS with Automated Tilt-Table||DIGITAL Selected Area Preparation System, 100-240V, 50/60Hz. Includes: X-Y table, tool spindle drive with deep sub-micron micron Z-resolution, +/- 5 degree automated tilt-table, touchscreen programming unit, integrated real-time machine vision, min 7 inch lcd monitor, set of 2mm and 3mm tools.|
|6760.1F||ASAP-1® IPS with optical Control||
DIGITAL Selected Area Preparation System, 100-240V, 50/60Hz. Includes: X-Y table, tool spindle drive with deep sub-micron micron Z-resolution, manual compound sine tilt-table, touchscreen programming unit, ULTRACOLLIMATOR optical alignment, integrated real-time machine vision, 6.5 inch lcd monitor, set of 2mm and 3mm tools.
DIGITAL Selected Area Preparation System, 100-240V, 50/60Hz. Includes: X-Y table, tool spindle drive with deep sub-micron micron Z-resolution, manual compound sine tilt-table, touchscreen programming unit, integrated real-time machine vision, 6.5 inch lcd monitor, set of 2mm and 3mm tools.
|6715.1||High torque Motor (upgrade)||
3X Torque motor. Suits aggressive material requirements such as removal of thick heat-sinks, removal of metals.
3D Upgrade Modules
Adds sample curvature definition – Suits decapsulation, thinning, and polishing of packaged dice showing warpage or non-flat conditions. Independent X & Y Axis Correction, AUTOCURVE Mode. Also adds Stage AUTOTILT function
Thermal Relaxation Stage
Adds thermal relaxation capability for warped die. Peltier-based heating plate with 1C accuracy. Hot Plate mode for convenient sample mount/demount. Includes stage, cable, two custom mounting plates with nylon retention screws
|6686.1||Heat & Cool Thermal Relaxation and Stability Upgrade||Adds thermal relaxation capability for warped die. Peltier-based heating plate with 1C accuracy. Hot Plate mode for convenient sample mount/demount. Includes stage, cable, two custom mounting plates with nylon retention screws -- as 6366.1 but adds Chiller unit and software to allow for faster cooling and overall enhanced system thermal stability|
High impedance / small capacitance based -- Hardware and Software Upgrade to add end-pointing for enhancement of decap and de-processing