- About Us
- Product News
- Extended Range of Tools for ASAP-1 Sample Preparation Products
- New ULTRASLICE Brochure Available
- Improved Realtime Video Resolution for ASAP-1 IPS
- End-Point Detection for ASAP-1 IPS
- Blue Mill Pre-Cavitation Machine
- Introducing PEEC Endpoint Characterization
- NANOpol -- A New Bare Fiber Beveling Machine
- Upgraded THERMAL Stage for ASAP-1 IPS
- ULTRAPOL Product Line Brochure
- Thermal Relaxation Stage for ASAP-1 IPS
- Company News
- Our YouTube Video Channel
- Fiber Polishing
- Precision Sawing
- Lapping and Polishing
- Selected Area Preparation
- ASAP-1 IPS - Digital Preparation System
- BLUE MILL Pre-Cavitation & Gasket Milling Machine
- ASAP-1 - Analog Preparation System
- SAP System Selection Guide -- Chip-off
- ASAP-1 Basic - Selected Area Preparation System (discontinued)
- RAPIDETCH IC Decapsulator
- AR Coating
- Fiber Lensing
- Selected Area Preparation
- Lapping & Polishing Films
- Diamond Saw Blades
- Laps & Polishing Surfaces
- Chemical Decapsulation
- Suspensions and Abrasives
- Other Consumables
- ~~ Get A Consumables Catalog!
- Contact Us
Flat Lapping and Polishing Machine
ULTRAPOL Advance has been designed to be an all-in-one lapping & polishing workstation for the production of flat surfaces. Advance’s unbeatable combination of advanced control and process features allow for the accurate processing of modern generations of IC’s.
Key applications of the technology include:
Topside electronic de-processing - enabled by the advanced angular control and optical enhancements such as ULTRACOLLIMATOR.
Topside delayered IC showing no edge-rounding
Backside preparation of packages and wafers, particularly for flip-chips - and rapid global thinning of larger surfaces.
Cross-sectioning of die and package-level devices.
Along with ULTRA TEC’s signature Quick Release interface and workholder technologies, ULTRAPOL Advance offers completely new designs for sample loading, oscillation and tilt alignment.
Fast and convenient sample movement between polisher & microscope, coupled with the option of the ULTRACOLLIMATOR optical alignment system, provides reference to the die -- a huge improvement over earlier generation polishers.
The system allows recirculating slurry polishing (key for many delayering operations) as well as standard faucet coolant. For aggressive material removal operations (such as the back-thinning of larger flip chips), a ‘Power polish’ mode is incorporated that rotates the sample during processing.
Note: Portions of the Technology are covered under US and related Worldwide patents - 7,066,788
Click Additional Images to Enlarge
- Better delayering results - The ULTRACOLLIMATOR option allows for improved parallelism, improving the ‘sweet spot’ of the delayered surface
- Fast & repeatable alignment - precise 2-circle tilt-adjust, coupled with high quality linear bearings in the Z-axis provide for optical alignment that does not wander.
- slurry polishing - A recirculating pump may be added, in addition to the standard coolant system. Slurries are held within a drip tray for easy disposal, or re-use.
- Avoids cross-contamination - The unique slurry / drip tray concept allows convenient removal and cleaning of all items that come into contact with abrasives and polishing media
- Industry-leading supplier - ULTRA TEC has supplied sawing, lapping & polishing equipment to the high-tech industries for over 30 years. Our ASAP-1, ARC-lite, MULTIPOL & ULTRAPOL products have set the standard for sample preparation
Polishing system, includes...
Sample Load Control – 0 to 3 kg (in 50 gram increments)
Laser Alignment upgrade, includes...
main unit, incorporating laser module, cross-hair generator, and 6.5 inch lcd monitor, with Video Out (ntsc). Includes optical flat and mounting bracket for ULTRAPOL advance