ULTRAPOL End & Edge
Flat And Angled Preparation Of Optical, Electronic & Materialographic Components
- Fully Angle adjustable – produces specific wedge angles
- Quick Release Interface allow for fast and repeatable mounting and demounting.
- Holders available for most components
- Fast process times
- Low run-out lap for flat optical polishes
ULTRAPOL End & Edge Polisher has been designed to provide accurate lapping and polishing for research and industrial applcations. Several thousand of these units are already assisting users in a wide range of technical disciplines.
Key to the high quality performance of the unit is the calibration of the polishing base and the advanced angular control provided by the polishing head. Units with wither Digital or Analog Polishing Angle Read-outs are available.
Built-in features such as tachometer, process end-indicator, timer, and head oscillation provide assurance the finest surface production. The unit also features a solenoid controlled coolant system.
The specific workholder for an application is held firmly and repeatably with the system’s quick release interface. Standard holders are available for many applications, including:
- Capillary / glass ferrule polishing
- Planar Waveguide polishing
- Bare fiber polishing – flat and angle polishing
- Integrated optics
- Die Cross-sectioning
- SEM and TEM sample preparation
- IC Wafer and package-level backside preparation
- Encapsulated mount polishing
Custom workholders can also be designed to your specific needs. ULTRAPOL End & Edge Polisher uses 8 inch diameter films, pads, papers and surfaces that are easily changed.
|Angular accuracy||0.1 degrees|
|Angular Range||0 to 12 degrees|
|Footprint||22 inches (55 cm) wide x 12 inches (30 cm) deep x 19 Inches (48 cm) high|
|System Weight||27 kg (60 lbs)|